Saturday, July 23, 2005

To Love, Honor and Cherish ...

... as long as we both shall live

Er, make that “as long as we don’t get tired of each other”, or “meet someone new”, or “need some time to ‘find myself’ ".

Michelle Malkin has a post with a link to a Fox News story, "'Till Death Do Us Part' Is Dying Out", which discusses how some couples have dropped the words of permanent commitment from their wedding vows.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised. But I am. I think it's a pretty sad commentary on our society.

I believe a big part of what makes a marriage work is the knowledge that you're in for the 'long haul'. When you have problems, you know you've got to find a way to work it out because you've foregone the other options.

On the other hand, if you go into a marriage without that perspective, it's only a matter of time before one of the spouses decides it's not worth it and calls it quits.

1 comment:

absy said...

That is really sad.

Followers

Blog Archive