Thursday, July 28, 2005

Guns Save Lives

Police: Woman Shoots Intruder
Investigation Continues Into Shooting
POSTED: 7:43 am CDT July 18, 2005
UPDATED: 5:40 pm CDT July 18, 2005

Police said a woman shot an intruder after he broke into her home near 34th Street and Norton early Monday morning.

The man was shot in the head. He is in serious condition at a hospital.

KMBC's Brenda Washington reported that there were four young children inside the home at the time. The homeowner told a friend that she felt she had no choice but to shoot after the man started to break in the door of her infant daughter's bedroom.

"I don't know what happened after that, but she said she had to protect herself and the baby. I understand that," said a friend of the homeowner.

"I think I would have done the same thing if someone broke in on me and my kids. To protect us, I would do the same thing," neighbor Sharon Bedford said.

Neither the woman nor her children were hurt.

Friends told Washington that the intruder was a former boyfriend. The shooting is under investigation.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive