Thursday, September 28, 2006


Why Isn't Anyone Talking About the iTunes v7 Debacle?

There must be millions of people running Apple's iTunes on their pc's. So, why isn't there any coverage (at least to my knowledge) of the total mess Apple has made with the new version of iTunes?

I downloaded the new v7 and immediately had problems synching my iPod. After a couple of days, I went on Apple's iTunes forum and saw that there were beaucoup posts on problems with v7. However, despite so much hate and discontent, some media outlets would have picked up on the commotion. If they did, it escaped my attention.

Today, when I opened iTunes, I got the message that a new version of iTunes was available (v7.0.1). This time I did not download it, but instead checked the iTunes forum to see what folks were saying (and boy do I wish I had checked those forums before installing v7).

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

There were lots more posts slamming v7.1 as either doing nothing or making problems worse:
"I had terrible playback problems with 7.0, got it working pretty much OK. Now I have 7.0.1 and the problem is baaaack!"

"I didn't experience this problem until I updated to the latest version. "

I think I'll just sit tight and wait this one out.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive