Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Joking Lawyers (not Lawyer Jokes)

I know this may come as a bit of a surprise, but lawyers actually have great senses of humor (look at me -- I'm a lawyer and I think my jokes are hilarious :-)

In my office, they have a legal newsletter with a regular feature introducing new members of the legal team. They have a number of standard questions, one of which is:

"What's the one thing you wish all lawyers knew?"

Here's a great answer from one of our new lawyers:
How to abstain from sesquipedalian tendencies, such that they circumlocute the deployment of protracted, polysyllabic, ponderous, latinate and iterative phraseology, thereby curtailing and abating the exigency for endeavor, travail and application on the part of the recipient to determine the import and intimation intended by the purveyor of the advisement. (Keep it short and sweet!)


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive