Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tagged by MK

I was checking the blogs of various family and friends today and noted that I had been "tagged" by MK. (BTW, MK is a wonderful young lady and a terrific artist -- check out her blog, Echoes of Creation, here)

Here goes:

1. A Place You've Visited and Your Favorite Thing there
It's a toss-up between some good options, but since I have to make a decision, I'd have to say Yosemite. When we went there, I had heard so much about it that I was expecting a let down. Nope. Advance hype is still insufficient to dampen the Wow factor when you enter the park and get that view into Yosemite Valley.


2. A Country You'd Like to Visit and Why
Ephesus, Turkey. I'd love to visit the house near Ephesus where the Blessed Virgin lived after she left Jerusalem.









3. A Place From History You'd Like to Visit and Why
The Holy Land while Christ delivered the Sermon on the Mount. What a powerful experience it must have been -- the Lord was abolishing the old Law and establishing the New.



4. A Place You Know a Lot About
Chicago. In it's own way, it can be a pretty interesting place.

(BTW, my office is the white building on the middle left side of this picture.)










5. A Place You'd Like to Learn More About
Virginia. So much of our country's history took place there. I was driving near (I think) Staunton, VA once and saw a historical marker for a battleground. I said to my coworker, who was a native Virginian, "there's a Civil War battlefied near here". "No", he said, that's a battlefield from the Revolutionary War.





6. A Fictional Place You'd Like to Visit
I think Edoras in the land of Rohan would be a pretty cool place to visit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post (pictures always add such a nice touch). Yosemite is so amazing! ... you are tempting me to change my answer to question #1(lol). Thanks for the compliments :)

Followers

Blog Archive