Wednesday, May 17, 2006


Join the Army
(The Rosary Army that Is)

If you're reading this, you're already somewhat technically inclined. I mean, I thought everyone knew what a blog was by now. But, to my surprise, I was talking to my doctor the other day and said something about a story I read on a blog and he said "Excuse me?" So, I had to explain to him what a blog was. And I'm not talking about an old geezer -- my doctor is probably about 30 years old. So, like I said, if you're reading this blog, congratulations, you're on "the cutting edge of societal evolution". (Where have I heard that saying before?)

Getting to the point (yes, there is a point to this), if you can handle blogs, you are also probably familiar with Podcasting. This assumption also enables me to forego explaining what a podcast is (which I have no intention of mentioning to my doctor -- I don't even think he has a iPod. Great doctor, but is seriously technically challenged; even more so than the beautiful Ellen and that's saying a lot! :-)

Like I said, getting to the point, check out the Rosary Army podcast, it is terrific. I've listened to a bunch of different podcasts, and still subscribe to a couple, but the Rosary Army podcast is the best. It's done by a solid Catholic couple, Greg and Jennifer Willits, down in Georgia (Jawjuh).

Listening to their podcast is like having a couple of good Catholic friends stop by for a cup of coffee, then kicking back and catching up on what's going on in their lives and their faith. They upload about one new episode a week and after a while, you start to feel like you know these two. Very down to earth. Good stuff.

Oh, I almost forgot, in addition to the podcast Greg and Jennifer have a great apostolate: making rosaries and giving them away. That's where the Rosary Army comes from. Check out their site here; and, go on iTunes, look up their podcast and subscribe. Once you do, new episodes will download into your Itunes podcast folder automatically; however, I highly recommend going back into their "archives" and download all 60+ episodes. It'll take a while to listen to them, but by the time you do, you'll think of Greg and Jennifer as good friends.

God bless them both.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive